Once strong woman once said, “you should be kind to everyone even if they are not nice to you because you never know what they are going through behind the scenes”. -My Mom.
That is so true. Have you personally ever thought about a time when someone came into your place of work for instance and was just one crabby soul? Then they left and you take a step and realize,
- maybe they just lost their job?
- maybe they just lost a loved one?
- maybe they are in a big fight with their family or significant other?
- maybe their child is having a tough time at school?
- maybe someone they love is going through depression, anxiety, bipolar, manic, or any other mental illness?
That happens all the time, more so than not. Some people are dealing with so much that it is hard for them to realize that their attitudes may be rubbing off as stand-off(ish) or “the resting bitch face” or maybe just plain rude.
But maybe they are just trying to figure out what their brain is telling them. It’s trying to tell them that they are sick, there is this chemical imbalance, and they need help. These are all hard to come to terms with, but the more you are educated on, the more you will be able to spot it. Below are some amazing resources to help you.